Tuesday, October 10, 2006

yay gym!

25 minutes on the elliptical walker. Yay! I forgot my headphones: horror of horrors I had to be alone with my thoughts the entire time. Except that 2 buddies together got on the walkers next to me and instead of spending my workout thinking, I heard their verbal thoughts the entire time.

I'm thinking today that it will never be this easy to work out. Well, excepting going for walks, which is Good Fun, too, but I tend to fizzle out as winter blows in. This gym is so close--one building away. And way affordable, too! Elliptical walkers are the least painful workout I've ever done, although today I pushed it a little and my body has been a little traumatized. (they also claim to be a total body workout. Being no expert, I want to believe them, but find it hard to really believe that hanging on to moving handles offers my arms and whole body a workout.) I've never had troubles getting an empty machine, although by the time I was half-way through my workout, all the walkers were in use: the busiest I've ever seen it. Being able to hop there during my lunch hour, not even any travel time? That just rocks. I hope I manage to keep myself motivated and going all winter. It'll suck, even though it's so close, having to get into my boots and winter coat just to go to the gym.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Hey. Saw your post on the lonesome Skein KAL and noticed that you are a kibrary student. I just finished my degree a few years ago and work in an elem library now! Good luck in your studies and your knitting!!

Knitika said...

Awesome, thanks! I get very excited about children's literature and issues of children's literacy. Maybe some day I'll be in a youth library, too! :)