Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Geek Girl Goes Elliptical

So my free gym membership ran out in June and I never bothered to pay to renew it. After all, it was summer, and there was plenty of time for biking and roller-blading and walking, right? But now I'm in school, and I know that I'm having sedentary days for the next 9 months. So today at lunch I marched over to the Health and Wellness Center, signed away my life, (authorized a paycheque deduction,) and spent a half an hour on the elliptical walker. I even timed it to be able to watch Dharma and Greg on the walker's TV, but couldn't find it and wound up watching the Cosby Show instead. Sigh. Even more impressive, this action involved **forethought**. I had to pack and bring my gym bag in the morning. Ooh la la!

It was a very intense day at work and I suppose I am grateful for the workout. At the moment I'm just plain befuddled and exhausted.

Oh! And today I got notification that I may be a juror. I didn't ever expect that. But I realize that because I pay taxes, my name is in the pool. I filled out the form and it told me that I probably don't qualify, but to check back in a few days for confirmation. US Government will take my tax dollars just fine, no prob, but doesn't want my opinion in a court of law! Yes, us Canadians are very very controversial peoples.

No comments: