Monday, October 23, 2006

Rip-a-rama!



We have taken the turntable out of its box and after some very frustrating episodes, have successfully begun to rip vinyl to mp3! I spent $8 on a cable at Radio Shack, (RCA to 1/8" stereo line-in jack) and then wound up spending $10 or so on a Rip Vinyl software, which made it all come together.

The first to be ripped was a Byrds album. This was a test, for we have a CD boxed set that covers it all. Then we went on to rip in earnest, first 2 Husker Du albums (Flip Your Wig and New Day Rising) and then 2 English Beat albums (Just Can't Stop It and Special Beat Service). Last night was actually playing the albums, tonight I was cutting out the pops and converting them to mp3. It's a lot of work! I had Mr. LoverMan playing the albums while I worked hastily on my paper last night, today I took the time to work on his tracks for him, using Audacity.

You can see from the pictures that the feng shui of my work space is abysmal. I have found that lack of clutter frightens me. I need some serious feng shui reprogramming.

No comments: