Friday, October 06, 2006

Self-striping sock yarn adventure #1

Inspired by Eunny, I was utterly impatient to make some sock yarn of my own. I keep looking for the perfect stripes and not finding what I'm dreaming off. This doesn't mean my own creation will be any better, but I had to try! Had to so crazily that I didn't do homework last night.


It started yesterday evening. I was driving the ballet carpool. After dropping off the girls, I had to head to pick up Number One Son. While driving back, I saw a grocery store. They don't let me out of the cage very often! So when I saw the store, I just pulled right in and bought an array of koolaid. I used Strawberry, Lemonade, and Ice Blue Raspberry.

This morning I got up early to rinse the yarn. When I got home from work, I was able to wind up the dry yarn into a skein.

I'm so impatient to knit it, but the skeins are so beautiful I want to admire them for a while! They're probably more gorgeous than what comes next.

No comments: