Saturday, December 22, 2007

Pirates--The Finished Object!

Pirate Mittens!
Pattern: From Hello Yarn
Yarn: Black Cascade 220 and Knitpicks Bare
Needles: Size 8 and Size 9 circulars
Modifications: Inner cuff, as described earlier.
Started: Oct 11, 2007
Finished: December 22, 2007



Gracious, it was a rocky journey for these! I decided in early October I would make these for my #1Son. My first attempt was way too small for him. I set that mitten aside, though it was recently finished, and started a larger pair. This mitten was knit up with a tragic critical flaw, and was cast aside. Just last Friday did I get back to it, and this morning I knit the last thumb and wove in all the ends.





Look carefully at that picture of the palms, above. Do you see any inconsistency? I only saw it when the mitten was finished. It's going to be a proud part of the mitten, that screaming little detail that says, "MADE WITH LOVE BY MOM." Did you need a close up of that?

No comments: