Sunday, December 16, 2007

Finished mittens



Pirate Mittens
Started Oct 7, 2007
Finished December 12, 2007
Yarn: Colour4Me in Black and in white
Needles: Circular Size 5
Notes: Although I read that this pattern knit up small, I thought I had adjusted for that problem. But then, I had underestimated the size of my son's hands. These mittens were way too small. So I sent them to Soaring Eagle instead.



Camo Mittens
Pattern: House Mittens by Alison Hansel from Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter (ravelry link)
Yarn: Bernat Camouflage
Needles: Addi Turbo Size 5 circular
Notes: I was about to start making a pair of kids' mittens. I was looking through Charmed Knits, and saw that the house mittens were a good generic mitten pattern, so I followed that pattern, even if they weren't Harry Potter themed. I couldn't make gauge, though, on this pattern, her gauge is crazy-tight. I knitted it at 20 stitches per 4 inches.
Destination: Soaring Eagle Project
Started: Dec. 10, 2007
Finished: Dec 12, 2007

No comments: