Sunday, December 09, 2007

Meet the yarn

School and holiday obligations continues to have me running fairly non-stop-steady. On top of my full-time job and the parenting joys. Fortunately I can knit through at least some of that. So here, finally, is a little more about my new yarns from Sweet Sheep.

First of all, let me introduce Miranda. Miranda is one of the sweet faerie feet at Sweet Sheep. 100% Superwash BFL (I had to google BFL to find out that it's Blue Face Leicester). I have no idea how this knits up and can't wait to find out.

Next up, we have Dream in Color Smooshy in the Ruby Red colourway. We're talking 100% superwash merino, and while it's fingering just like the other 2 skeins, with a similar weight and yardage, it's superchunk fattest of all!


Last, but of course not least, we have sKNITches Syncopation Self-striping yarn in Carnival. This yarn is also 100% Superwash Merino. I'm very fussy about my stripes, and this is my first adventure with buying hand-dyed stripes. I can't wait to see how it knits up! I know I just said that about Miranda but it's true for this, too.



Okay, I admit, when I'm at work, I open up the picture I took of these three skeins and just leave it sitting open. So when I'm flipping through the screens on my desktop, I come upon that picture. It always surprises me, and I always get that little thrill. I know I said this with my last yarn acquisitions, but I can't wait to cast on. It's been the pressure of getting these gifts for parents finished, and next up is mittens for Soaring Eagles, then mittens for my family. My priorities are entirely ordered upon mail. My parents are farthest away, so they got done first. I hope to hurry get the charity mittens finished and off very soon. My family's mittens are last because I can still be knitting those Christmas eve. Come Christmas day, though, I'm casting on some socks for me! Maybe five or six pairs.

No comments: