Sunday, July 29, 2007

Twice is Nice


On Saturday I decided to make another baby hat. I am expecting another grand niece soon, which will increase my mother's great-grandchild count to three. To me this is an impressive number!

It turns out that while the first hat was simple to make, it still took a little figuring, which I failed to make note of, and I spent several attempts on the second hat to make sure the increases lined up neatly. Thus I shall make notes.

Oh, also, note how the hats are perfectly matched. I did not plan it that way. The yarn for the second hat was already at the exact spot to start the exact same hat.

Knit in sockotta yarn on size 3 addi turbo circular needle.

Abbreviation: kfb=knit in front and back of same stitch.

Cast on 4 stitches
Knit in i-cord for 3 inches.
k1, kfb, k2 (5 stitches)
k 1 row
kfb 5 times (10 stitches) <--at this point I started knitting with 5 stitches on the front, 5 stitches on the back, magic loop style.
k 1 row
kfb 10 times (20 stitches)
k 1 row
[kfb, k1] across row. (30 stitches)
k 2 rows
[kfb, k2] across row. (40 stitches)
k 2 rows
[kfb, k3] across row. (50 stitches)
k 2 rows
[kfb, k4] across row. (60 stitches)
k 2 rows
[kfb, k5] across row. (70 stitches)
k 2 rows
[kfb, k6] across row. (80 stitches)
k 3 rows
[kfb, k7] across row. (90 stitches)
k 3 rows
[kfb, k8] across row. (100 stitches)
k 4 rows
[kfb, k9] across row. (110 stitches)
k 5 rows
[kfb, k10] across row. (120 stitches)
k 3 inches
k in 1x1 ribbing for 1 inch. I did the knit stitch through the back loop to tighten up the ribbing a little.
Cast off.

No comments: