I last blogged this mitten in March. It's been limping along since then. Last night I finished it, all but the shag on the cuff, which will be added when both are done.
Turns out it's been too long since I started the first one and I cannot get the second cuff right. I swear I used the cast on in the book but every attempt I made resulted in a tight and impossible cuff. I have stepped up a needle size, wondering if I really did that with the first mitten, but while that made the cuff the right width, the cast on still was too tight. My next step will be to review the process for the cast on, because it's very flexible, and what I'm coming up with is not flexible at all. Grumble.