Saturday, November 04, 2006

Swap-y Thing-y

I spend quite a bit of time strolling through knitting blogs, well, for many reasons. It certainly is really enlightening to see what other people are doing. I've seen swaps, and decided that I would try one out. I joined a mitten-kit swap, because its timing is good. I won't have to pull something off while in school, but can put it together over the holidays.

So. I have to post a questionnaire thingie. Here it is. A Questionnaire thingie.

What are your favorite colors?

I like purples and greens. Blues, too.

Are you a new mitt knitter? How long have you been knitting mittens?

I have knit 3 pairs of mittens. One of those 3 is presently in progress. The other two were for my kidlets, and were knit 3 winters ago.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?

Yes, and yes. I'm in love with colours. Solids can be so gorgeous. But I'm always sucked in by multi-colour yarns. I really like stripes, stripes that are more than a row or two before changing colour.

What fibers do you prefer in mitten yarn?

Natural fibers. Wool.

Where do you usually knit mittens?

I'm a highly mobile knitter. I knit them at home in front of the tv or in front of an online-lecture. I also knit them at work in the break room, or when I'm on a walk. Or in the car. Or in a box. Or with a fox.

How do you usually carry/store small projects?

If I'm not at work, they're tucked in my cargo pockets. But at work I have to be all work-dressy-lady, so then they get stashed in a project bag and taken along.

What are your favorite mitten patterns?

I've never used a pattern.

What are your favorite mitten knitting techniques?

I make a sock with no heel and a hole for the thumb. And make it hand-sized. A little shaping between the wrist and the cuff. That does it.

What new techniques would you like to try?

I'm open to whatever comes my way.

What are your favorite needles for knitting mittens?

Addi turbos.

What are some of your favorite yarns?

I knit a lot of regia self-striping yarns, and Trekker XL.

What yarn do you totally covet?

Whatever yarn I see/touch/glimpse in the yarn store. I really dig hand-dyes like Manos del Uraguay.

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object?

Meg Swanson's Frost Flowers and Leaves from A Gathering of Lace. I started this once, but I really needed to concentrate on smaller projects.

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)?

I am hooked on circs. I get Addis when I can, I've not found any other needles that transfer from cable to needle like they do. I've never tried the knit picks needles, though.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be?

something stripey, chunky, and woolen in purples and blues.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack?

dark chocolate!

What’s your favorite animal?

owl. bear.

Would you prefer super warm mittens or something more like fingerless mitts?

super warm.

If you were a color what color would you be?

plum.

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature?

celestial bodies.

Do you have a wishlist?

Nope.

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today?

If I think of something I'll edit it in.

No comments: