Thursday, November 23, 2006

FO-Mittens



These were finished and mailed to the recipient about a week after her birthday. I haven't yet heard if they arrived. Just before putting them into the mail, the temporary librarian told me they were way too small for adult hands. Just like her. I made them just a little too small for me, because I wanted them to fit her snugly. I hope they're not truly abysmally small, that lady says a lot of things so I don't take it too seriously.

I knit them cuff up using size 4 needles. The cuff was a 2x2 rib, and then the mittens were knit in a faire isle pattern. I used Karabella Aurora 8 and Schoeller & Stahl's Limbo. The thumb was done in the style of a planned afterthought heel, leaving live stitches so I could come back and put in the thumb afterwards. I had troubles picking up the stitches and that got a little messy. I should have made notes immediately. I think I knitted the cuff with 56 stitches around, and then increased to 64 for the hand.

No comments: