Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Gym Freak

Monday: 25 min, elliptical walker
Tuesday: 30 min, water jogging
Wednesday: 27 min, elliptical walker (2.1 miles--I have never paid attention to this number, but I think it was higher today than it ever was. I was pushing it really hard because it felt really good to)

I have never been a very athletic person. Growing up, "athletic" meant "good at ball games". And with my visual disability, I couldn't see well enough to develop any skill at ball games. When I think back, I realize that ball games were justifiably terrifying to me: I couldn't see the ball until it was quite close, and so balls would tend to just come out of nowhere. By the time I had my surgeries when I was 12 years old, the damage had been done. I hated ball games so much that I didn't want anything to do with sports of any kind.

So this urge to go work out every day is surprising and foreign to me. And while I have little faith it will last, I start going more and more often. Maybe it will last!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks for stopping by and for your nice comment! Good luck with the workouts-should give you more knitting energy!