Saturday, January 03, 2009

This is not mitten #2

Note to self: When I knit baby items in public, people will smile and nod meaningfully at me, and maybe even waggle their eyebrows.



Pattern: Curly Purly Soaker, free on Ravelry
Yarn: Cascade 220 wool. Bought a few days ago. Or last year.
Needles: Size 4, 6, and 8
Notes: She says, "pick up stitches around legs". As I don't have a baby handy, it's difficult to know how many stitches to pick up. My first time around, the legs were clearly too small. The second time, they were questionable. I asked on a ravelry forum, and got the suggestion to pick up 80 to 90% of the cast on stitches. I had slipped the stitches at the end of each row, and this made it difficult to pick up that many stitches. But eventually I did. Now I worry that the legs are too big.

Note to others: This is for a friend. I met her when I was six. She's due in February. No, I'm not expecting.

No comments: