Monday, January 26, 2009

Finished object--Tam

This hat's been finished for close to three weeks, now, but I find it difficult to photograph. Both these pictures are back views because the front views didn't look so good. Oh, sigh.

I knit this hat from the middle outwards, following a pattern in the The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I had to follow the pattern backwards, which went fine until I was knitting the biggest section. Reading backwards, I thought I was measuring between increases and decreases. The pattern directions were actually related to the measurement of the entire piece, brim up. So the hat turned out bigger than expected. That's okay. I used up all but a yard of the yarn, and I'm pleased with the final product.

The yarn is Happy Feet. The hat is happy.

No comments: