Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lost Lorna--the Finished Object

Meet the Lost Lornas of Madrid fraternal twins...



Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, bittersweet
Needle: size 2 knit picks circular
Pattern: Conwy from Knitting on the Road

Cast on: May, on a transatlantic flight
Cast off: Oct 2007
Notes: These socks have traveled to Spain, Canada, Idaho, Seattle, and Park City. Yarn was purchased from Seattle and Colorado. These are well-traveled socks. I knit them to the recommended gauge, but the fabric seems loose and flimsy to me. I wove yarn into the bottom of the heel to add reinforcement, as I don't trust these socks to be very resilient. They are fraternal, being knit with 2 different dye lots. Additionally, there was a mistake in how I knitted the first sock, so each sock has a different variation on the Conwy pattern.

No comments: