Friday, November 02, 2007

Acquisitions

Yesterday, my knitting buddy at work and I took a lunch time stroll to the closest yarn store. Despite tremendous temptation, all I purchased was a pair of size 6 Clover Bamboo needles. This is in preparation for knitting a Candle Flame Shawl out of Knit Picks Gossamer in blue jeans. (Look! It's on clearance!) I really do like this yarn. It's all springy. My pink shawl is also made from gossamer, and I still love it. I actually wound this yarn into balls last January, fully intending to start on the shawl then. About time! I had originally set aside some Boye straight metal needles for this project, but at some point decided that bamboo would make me much happier.



Princess Anne, who lurves the new needles, is posed in front of an original print by Wally Pacholka at astropics.com

2 comments:

Amy said...

hi! i found your blog on Ravelry, and I love your babes!

Knitika said...

Thanks! They're so much fun to make. :) It's probably good I have so little crafting time, or I'd be overrun with babes.