Sunday, November 18, 2007

Yarn Swap

Last night I attended an event which was entitled a Yarn Swap. For me, it was really all about touching everybody's yarn. I just couldn't get into the spirit of barter, but to wander around the room, getting my grubby fingers on all the fibre, well, that's as good as it gets, yes it is. Well, no, I just lied. Dinner out at a middle eastern restaurant with a bunch of rowdy grrls, that even trumped touching the stashes.

But I didn't just touch, I fell in love. And not with sock yarn! It was lace weight yarn. Which means, you see, I'm going to have to make lace. A one-skein lace project. This wasn't barter yarn, this was Yarn Pusher Yarn. As I was paying Lark for it, she asked if I had enough for my project. I responded that I didn't have a project, I just needed to have the colours. This is alpaca/soy silk delicious pettable squeezable yarn. I spent a great deal of time today trying to perfectly capture the colours with my camera.

 

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: