Sunday, January 21, 2007

Half Circle Fan shawl.


Fan-Shawl--worn
Originally uploaded by forestpixie.
Yarn: Knit Pick's gossamer in sunrise, 3 skeins.
Needles: Addi Turbo Circular Size 5.
Pattern: Fan Stitch Half-circle Shawl from Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman. This pattern features pi-increases.
Started: July 15, 2006
Finished: Jan 10, 2007
Modifications: The pattern as written only made a shawl that would not even fall to my elbows. I continued the pattern to the next increase, and then finished with a diamond-shaped pattern and a very simple perpendicular edge.



Fan-Shawl-2
Originally uploaded by forestpixie.
There were times while I was knitting this, I would think, "What am I doing? I'll hate this!" I wasn't sure I would like the half-circle shape, but I'm finding that worn like a scarf, this shawl keeps me toasty at work and looks fabulous.

1 comment:

bathooon said...

This is so beautiful :)..