Monday, June 22, 2009

Converting diapers to yarn

I finally got a visit to the friend who's been receiving all these diapers I've been making. I brought along a pair of sweater shorties, with felted on decorations.

picture of shorties made from a felted sweater

I took nearly a dozen diapers in two sizes, with doublers, plus some shorties/longies.

picture of diapers and shorties

Here are some of the details on the cutest diapers:

picture of four diapers

My friend gave me a generous gift certificate for my birthday. It was good at the local yarn shop, which meant I had to spend it immediately, or never spend it. I willingly ran off to spend! I got my first skein of Malabrigo, plus some Earth Collection Homestead in natural colours, and 2 skeins of Mirasol Hacho sock yarn.

picture of yarns
Ooh la la, lovely yarns!

No comments: