Friday, February 06, 2009

Acquisitions

OKay, I admit it, this winter I'm stashing faster than I can knit. I'm working on it, I am!

It's no secret that I'm a sucker for stripes, and that I'm fussy about my stripes. Through a well-placed Ravelry ad, I discovered Gothsocks on Etsy.(do you think they handpick their ad-victims? Or maybe "people who also have this yarn should see this ad?" I swear I was targeted.) Wow. I was so taken by their unique stripeageness. I adore dyers that take the extra care to make clean and beautiful stripes. As always when pondering a yarn purchase, I went into Ravelry to see how the yarn knits up. There was only one person other than the dyer who had a pair of socks to see, but I loved what I saw. Now I'm the proud owner of two new skeins of GothSocks.

PS This incoming yarn was the reason I got the last pair of striped socks off the needles in a hurry. I've got a free needle, just begging me to cast on...

No comments: