Friday, May 23, 2008

Mother's Day Joy



Yes, I'm 2 weeks behind. Yes, I'm playing catchup today. I'm 3 weeks and 2 projects away from the end of graduate school and so my priorities continue to be time-wasters that do not involve knitting or blogging. However, I did want to note my nice little set of Mother's Day giftees.

I was quite bemused the Saturday evening before. The family was discussing a walk, and I suggested we walk to the bookstore. My #1Man and #1Son exchanged glances and said, "Naw, not the bookstore." Me, being obtuse, asked, "Why not?" #1Son said, "Because there's, uhm, a tornado over by the bookstore and we wouldn't want you to get hurt."

His gift to me was the pictured copy of Things I Learned From Knitting (Whether I Wanted To or Not). When I got it, I immediately cracked open the book and sure enough, it was signed! He hadn't even noticed that. I missed the Yarn Harlot's visit, which was a bummer, but again directly related to the amount of schoolwork going down here. So to get a signed book was a nice little gift to make it all better. The book is perfect for an overworked graduate student, you can read short little chapters of knitting hilarity whenever you want to sandwich it in.

As you can see in the photo, I also scored a nicely framed photo, taken by my #1grrl, and a biography of Julie Andrews, Home. As I've long been a fan of Ms Andrews, (Victor/Victoria, anyone?) this was a really cool gift. I'll be reading this on our Monumental Road Trip this summer.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: