Sunday, June 17, 2007

new fresh scent!

I just want to take this moment to note: Clothes-lines are cool! I adore the fresh crisp clean of line-dried clothes. It's not all that difficult to walk outside and hang my clothing up, and often I can get the slaves children to help me. Willingly, even! Good outside chore. Admittedly, I'll only make time to do this on the weekends, but that's when I usually do all the laundry anyway. Today I've line-dried 5 loads of wash, and only ran the dryer once. I have to confess, I've never acquired the taste for line-dried towels and sheets, so I just stuff them all into the open dryer throughout the day, and by the time the last load is done, I have a full dryer, and I can dry them in one batch.

2 comments:

blee said...

Hi, Knitika,
In the interest of energy conservation, I put up a clothesline this spring and pretty much stopped using my dryer. Cost-saving from first electrical bill reflecting non-dryer use: $20. I was amazed!

blee

P.S. I love your colors for the Amber sock.

Knitika said...

Those are impressive savings! Because of the way our energy use fluctuates from season to season, I've never been able to quantify our savings that way. Way to switch exclusively to the line!