Saturday, February 03, 2007

Hey, a contest!

So the other day I stumbled upon a list of knitting podcasts, and wound up surfing through some. I haven't listened to any in their entirety yet. I tried listening at work, but wound up being too distracted to perform my workly duties. I surfed onto http://www.pointysticks.org/, and even I even got to listen. Hey, she talked about Nancy Bush! And is planning an interview!

But I wanted to point out that she's got a contest. An ooh-la-la, get yarn and other goodies contest. She wants to hear all about people's attitudes towards knitting socks. If you hate em, if you love em, whatever it is.

I don't know how to articulate why I love knitting socks. I just got Nancy Bush's Folk Socks out of the library, and before lunch I was turning the pages back and forth. You'd think I'd have that book memorized by now, but I still don't. And while I've made a pair of socks utilizing a few of her patterns, I haven't made any of the patterns yet. But it was all I could do to keep from running off for yarn and needles and casting on RIGHT THEN. I have a paper due in 48 hours, so I have to refrain. But I want my socks!!! I'm thinking a Nancy Bush pattern and fearless fibers. It will be beautiful.

So, uhm, why do I knit socks? Yeah, uhm, why do I breathe? Why do I eat chocolate?

No comments: