Saturday, December 31, 2011

....and socks!

My son is fond of  handmade woolies, because he's fond of being warm. He also has feet that are challenging to fit. And it turns out his feet also don't get along well with cotton socks.  I've been working to find a good sock to make for him. My most recent attempt involved trying a brand new Cat Bordhi heel, the Sweet Tomato heel.

The first socks were made with Dream in Color Smooshy in the colour Black Parade.  As Black Parade is also an album he likes, this was a happy coincidence.


The first pair seemed to be a success, so I made a second pair following the same formula. This second pair is made from a new favourite yarn of mine, Dragonfly Fibers Djinn Sock in the colourway Starry Night.


These new heels are made with a series of wedges. I'm still getting used to them, but they seem to work for an effective heel for these socks.

1 comment:

Rebecca S. said...

Those are great socks. Lucky Guthrie.