Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stripey socks, another finished pair!


I've been participating in a stripey sock Knit-a-long, which helped guide my choice of gift socks this winter. This is the pair for my #1man, yarn gifted and then knit up afterwards. The yarn is Vivace by Sweet Paprika in the colourway Cinnamon Bark from the Loopy Ewe. I used a Bordhi-style riverbed heel, but with modifications. Her heel increases are enourmous and take up a large section of the foot, eating up huge quantities of yarn. This version had less increases, and increased every other row. I'm really quite happy with the heel. It turned out nifty, wrapping neatly around the heel when worn. The eye-of-partridge patterning has tactile and visual appeal, and hopefully compensates for the lack of nylon content in this 100% merino yarn.

1 comment:

JelliDonut said...

That's a very cool heel. Have you posted your mods anywhere? Not that I'm too lazy to try and figure it out on my own...