Saturday, January 09, 2010

Yet another knit-along

I get cold at work.

 


This has me thinking about scarves to wear. And my favourite scarves aren't exactly scarves, but shawls, worn as scarves.

 


And suddenly I realised that at work, I need a clapotis. I thought for 2 weeks about what yarn I wanted to use. When I stash yarn, I usually stash in sock-quantities, which aren't enough for a clapotis.

 


Then on Monday, I saw that the Loopy Ewe group on Ravelry is having a clapotis knit-along. I immediately joined. That evening, I heard that a friend had left town suddenly because a family member's health is in chaos. From this distance I can't help her, so I decided that my first clapotis would be for her. I had been hesitating about using my Ruby Red Smooshy for a clapotis, because I didn't think I'd wear it, but it's a perfect colour for her.

 


84 grams knit up, 160 left.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

That color is beautiful! I want to knit a Clapotis, too, but I haven't been able to work out which yarn in my stash to use. I'll have to keep working on puzzling it out.

Amy said...

I've been wanting to make one of those for a long time and I have some green smooshy I was thinking about using - but not sure if it will be enough. Maybe I should join in.

Knitika said...

Thanks for the comments! I highly recommend smooshy for this. One skein would be enough to make it nice and long if you made it narrower, like 3 or 4 increase rounds.