Saturday, September 19, 2009

Stupid Question

What do you do when you get a new pattern and new yarn all in the same day?

You cast on, of course!


This is the new hat-heel sock from Knitty. I've mused with the idea of starting around the heel before, but never ever from this angle. I tried making the woman's size, but it seemed really tight, so I ripped it out and upgraded to man's. On that needle size, I always do 60-ish stitches around, and the man's size is 64 stitches.


The drawback to this pattern is that there is a lot of picking up stitches. I am not a fan of picking up stitches.


I do rather like knitting the foot first and then the leg. I'm still pondering the leg pattern. I utilised my recent favourite reinforcement techniques on the ball-of-foot and toe area.


I do have a confession. I had my doubts about this Dream in Color Stardust. When I saw the colour variation, I had my suspicions that it might pool. Oh, me of little faith! I should have trusted Dream in Color, because check that out! Splashes of colour, no pools in sight! I love love love it! This is what I always want out of variegated yarn. YES!

No comments: