Monday, April 13, 2009

Pictures of Ditsy make my life so wonderful...

Have you ever completed the last finishing touches on the sock at the very start of the television programme, and then, instead of grabbing the next knitting project to work on, you just sat there through the entire show, petting the finished socks? Eh?



Yarn: DitsyGoth GothSocks by Rainy Days and Wooly Dogs



Needle: Size 2 (2.75) circular



Pattern: Just a plain toe-up sock. I did a short-row toe with 6-ply black yarn on a 2 1/2 (3.0) needle, then switched to the size 2 with the Gothsocks and knit plain. The heel was also a short-row affair with the same yarn as the toe, and the leg was knit in 3x1 rib. I used a 4-ply black yarn for the cuff. Under the ball of the toe, I knit in strands of a non-superwash sock yarn, leaving long tails hanging inside the sock. My theory was that the extra strands will felt up for an extra strong sole. They're already felting up, and I think I should have left longer strands.

No comments: