Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Gods must be tormenting me

It's been a very long week, trying to interpret and understand this assignment. Yesterday was spent mostly focused on finding ways to make sense of the questions. This morning I awoke before anyone (naturally!) and sat down at the computer to get to work. It takes a little while to get into the groove, ya know. Sit down, read the email, glance at a few blogs, and then finally open up the assignment and seriously start typing, addressing these insane questions. That's when my keyboard flipped out. Really freakishly flipped out, enough that it was affecting my mouse clicks and I couldn't use much software. My first step was to reboot, and in doing so lost all these links I had opened, since I couldn't manage to bookmark them. I tried to save some documents but with my clicks going awry, I couldn't save them, either. The enter key didn't even work, so I couldn't do it without the mouse clicks. A reboot didn't fix the keyboard, in fact, I couldn't even get past the windows login screen. Next step was to replace the keyboard. This is not as easy as it sounds, because I cannot easily access the back of the computer. It involves dragging the computer cart out, on top of carpet, and then climbing over furniture to get behind it. I think I'm getting older, the climbing over the furniture was really, really difficult! Then I installed an old keyboard. Turns out keyboards have changed in the last ten years! I've already got a blister on my thumb from hitting the space bar and my hands are aching from the amount of force required to push down each key. Whine, whine, whine!

edited to whine a little more
So I drove my #1Son to a game store to pick up a pokemon game, yes I did. This would have been his daddy's job, me being all StudyGrrl, but I decided to do it so I could nip into the Radio Shack next door and pick up a new keyboard. Sadly, RS was closed, though the sign on the door said they were open on Sundays from "12am to 5pm".... I'm sure midnight on Sunday mornings is a very hot business time for RS. Anyway, no luck on getting a keyboard. Back to work, StudyGrrl.

No comments: