Saturday, September 24, 2011

Just in time for cooler weather

I had some good knitting time, and my Camp Loopy Third Project was finished in time.

I don't often knit with cotton, and really, I don't much want to very often, but this was pleasant enough. This is my first adult-sized garment, but possibly not my last!

Pattern: Tabitha
Yarn: Kollage Riveting
Needle size: US 6 for skirt, US 5 for bodice
Modifications: I had been pondering doing away with the button closure in front, and gained inspiration and confidence from this Tabitha. So I knit the bodice in the round, with a faux button-band in seed stitch, until I had to split for the arm holes and neckline.
What I wish I'd changed: The shoulders are a bit broad. A few more decreases for the arm holes might make them narrower.

No comments: