Saturday, April 12, 2008

What's in progress

 

Yesterday I finally updated my progress page on Ravelry to show all my current works in progress. These are all projects I consider "active" and I work on them all from time to time. It was discouraging to see these projects side by side and accept how slowly they have been and will continue to progress.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot of knitting time available to me right now. My life right now includes:

  • Family duties

  • Full time work

  • Internship 10 hours a week

  • Final quarter in graduate school, a major research methodologies course

  • Completing my portfolio, the equivalent of a thesis

  • Applying for a number of jobs which all come open this time of year

  • Going to interviews for these jobs without using up any time off because I need it for my graduation/vacation journey at the end of the term.

  • Daily walks or other exercise, without which I go completely batty and everything else falls apart


Sadly, few of these tasks are knitting friendly. There is occassionally knitting at work on lunch time, and sometimes family duties can include knitting while I talk/snuggle/hangout/whatever with my Most Important Peoples. I have been known to knit and walk at the same time, but I've noticed that I get less exercise under those conditions, and also I get crampy shoulders and arms.

Because of the slow knitting progress, there's not a lot to blog. I can't bring myself to blog: Look, here's the broad spiral ribbing an inch longer than it was last week!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: