Sunday, March 23, 2008

Knitting In Progress Report

I have been practicing project monogamy, of sorts. Sorts, in that monogamy indicates faithfulness to one, while I have been working on faithfulness to two. I have been steadily knitting upon Jeanie and Pomatoes. I have a very spotty record with Second Project Syndrome, and being that I needed to knit the pomatoes one at a time, I knew I was at High Risk of never finishing the second. So no matter what other projects beckoned, I restricted myself to the two at hand.

Okay, okay, I did swatch. A little. But I refrained from casting on!

With the pomatoes off the needles, I am free free freeeeeee to cast on at will. We start with a glimpse of spiral ribbing from More Sensational Knitted Socks. This is knitted with my Middy Duets. The cuff is made from exactly half of the contrasting yarn, a feat made possible by my new and beloved scale.




This morning I started on a pair of socks that will once again utilize the Riverbed Architecture from New Pathways for Sock Knitters. I was about to start a standard toe, but then I decided to explore the garter stitch toe. The following photo illustrates the start of a garter stitch toe. So far, I'm quite entertained by the different construction.





No comments: