Saturday, September 30, 2006

Residency

LIS 567--Our teacherman is an honest-to-goodness full time youth services librarian at SPL. "Seat of your Pants Library". He said so.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a blur today. Perhaps I'm sleepy. Perhaps I'm reluctant to start a new quarter. The summer off has been perfect.

It was weird how we had to change classrooms at lunch. We couldn't they find us a classroom that was open all day? How hard is that on a Saturday?

Lunch time sorrow: I've been waiting for months for my residency, so I could get a bowl of borscht and a piroshky. I've gotten that at every residency so far. At lunch, I tried to find some one to come with me. Lisa wanted sushi, and I didn't want sushi, I wanted borscht. Margaret wanted to go to a seminar, so she needed something quick on campus. So I went alone. Just as well, SIGH. When I got there, the tiny little restaurant looked unchanged. Same furniture and case and all. but it was now a SUSHI JOINT!!! I was devastated. I remain devastated. I loved that place! I've looked forward to it for months! The place at Pike's Market doesn't have as good of borscht.

Marjorie and Teressa came and picked me up and we had lunch at a pastaria. I've never eaten at a pastaria before. I had a mozza panini and CANNOLI. I've heard it referenced on tv many times but never actually ate one. It was dreamy. We all had bites.

Tonight I wound up yarn shopping. I nearly bought some Lorna's Laces, but the colour repeats weren't large enough for my current tastes. I don't particularly relish the messy look of short repeats. The lady offered a class of how-to-dye-self-striping-sock-yarn. I wanna go! I have plans to dye my own anyway, but a class would be fun.

I bought several treats at Trader Joe's. I got some green ice cream nuggets. They were larger than I expected and not nearly as tasty as I'd hoped.

No comments: