Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Will Knit For Stuff (part 1)

Oooooh la la! I recently completed a trade where I sent handwarmers in exchange for an intricate lovely piece of embroidery. Check out what arrived in the mail!


Such incredible little details! Here's how the whole piece looks:


She has much nicer pictures of it here.

In exchange, I sent her 2 sets of hand warmers, to keep her toasty while stitching and in other occupations on that gloomy west coast.

The first are made of Bugga! in Horseshoe Crab.



And then, because one can never have enough hand warmers, a pair of Dashing made from Malabrigo Rios in Pearl Ten.



I think we are both pleased with the outcome of this exchange.  I've been admiring her extremely detailed intricate work for a while now, and was so very pleased for a chance to have one of my own.

3 comments:

JelliDonut said...

I can't believe all the beauty and talent on this page--gorgeous!

heather said...

Definitely very, very pleased with our exchange! It may be summer, but I can't resist trying these on again and again, because they're that cozy. Thanks!

Rebecca S. said...

I love these, too! A woman at yoga the other night had ankle warmers that looked hand knit. The looked like these hand warmers except you slipped them over your feet, they were heel-less and just covered the ankle. Your striped copper socks look so professionally made, and the lace is really beautiful too - lucky you!