Monday, December 06, 2010

Stripey insanity

It just so happened that I had two very excellent skeins of stripey yarn, fresh from etsy. Garbo, by Rosy Retro, and some black/green from Anne's handspun. I couldn't decide which to cast on first.

I had one of those epiphany moments. I picked up a 40" long size one needle, and wondered, "How many socks could I fit on that?" The teen said, "YOU'RE SCARING ME MOM"


Clearly I can fit four socks at once on two 40" needles.  The crowd control on the strands of yarn took a bit of getting used to, but once the socks got big enough, I could stuff the separate balls into the socks, which settled down all the yarn riots.


The four socks grew up together until the cuff, when I split them up for more individual attention.


And now I have two new delicious pairs of socks.


Both are plain toe-up socks with garter stitch toes, stockinette feet, mini-gusset at heel, short row heel, 3x1 rib on the leg, and 1x1 for the cuff.


Yay for stripeys!

No comments: